You might want to mention this game to the more ‘gifted‘ relatives that may visit you at Christmas….
“Link 3 together AND another one”
(NOT to be confused with similar games)
It’s great to see their little faces light up…though I find it useful to keep a cloth handy in case they dribble…
Very easy to play.
All you will need is (see picture below):
Click on picture to enlarge if this will help at all
ONE Birds Eye Waffle (other brands are available)
ONE tin of peas (SMALL)
ONE tin of SweetCorn.
* do NOT use mushy peas
* do NOT substitute hash browns for the waffle
1) OPEN tin of peas
OPEN tin of sweetcorn
2) Remove 12 peas from the tin
Remove 12 sweetcorn kernel from the tin
3) Place waffle on a flat surface WITHIN reach of the players
4) Take turns to insert your coloured pieces (green/peas), (yellow/sweetcorn)
in the playing ‘grid’ (waffle) until one player has a complete line of 3…and another one
(sometimes referred to as: “4”) vertically, horizontally or diagonally
PIECES INSERTED ANYWHERE OUTSIDE THE GRID (nostrils, earholes etc.,) do NOT count.
5) Do NOT get over excited when inserting your piece and shout:
– that is a COMPLETELY different game
Players should take turns quickly BEFORE the waffle fully defrosts.
Playing time can be increased by reducing the room temperature
(does not apply to residents of Finland or either Arctic region playing outdoors)
Whilst all three components ARE vegetables it does not count towards your “5-a-day”.
Eating the waffle immediately eliminates the ‘eating’ player.
Playing time can also be increased by :
- playing whilst blindfolded
- hiding the waffle in a neighbours house (permission of neighbour SHOULD be sought, preferably beforehand)
- wearing oven gloves whilst playing
Blinding your opponent to increase playing time is NOT permitted.
Full rules and details (2010 Playing Regulations – version 7.3) can be found at: